BILL BRANDT – PAUL STRAND – External Groups
BILL BRANDT – PAUL STRAND
October 9th 2020 / January 24th 2021
The new Fundación MAPFRE photography center in Barcelona has been set up by two of the major players of 20th century photography:
Bill Brandt (Hamburg, 1904 – London, 1983), considered – together with Walker Evans or Cartier-Bresson – one of the founders of modern photography, of which a complete overview is offered through 186 photographs positioned by the artist and in which all the photographic disciplines he dealt with are represented: portrait, social report, landscape and nudes.
The American Paul Strand (New York, 1890-Orgeval, France, 1976), whose work represented an essential contribution to the consolidation of photography as a discipline comparable to other artistic expressions, presents 110 pieces of the 131 that make up the collection of this author within the Fundación MAPFRE Collections.
* The last access to the rooms is 30 minutes before closing.
- The external group is formed by a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 people (guide included in both cases).
- The presence of a guide or group leader is mandatory. If you wish to request this service to the Foundation, contact on the phone 93 401 26 03.
- These visits can be made only from Monday to Friday, during opening hours of the room.
- The guide or group leader must be identified at the reception 15 minutes before the start of the visit.
- The visit is done with group guidance system, for which it is essential to use receivers that can be provided in the room with a cost of 1 € / person.
- The holding of a visit as an external group implies acceptance of the hall´s rules by all the members of the group.
|– Monday from 14:00 to 20:00h.|
|– Thursday to Saturday from 10:00 to 20:00h..|
|– Sunday / feriated days from 11:00 to 19:00h.|
* The last access to the rooms is 30 minutes before closing. .
Sala Fundación MAPFRE Casa Garriga Nogués Diputació 250, 08007 Barcelona