Perez Siquier – External Groups
Carlos Pérez Siquier
From February 14th to May 17th, 2020
The work of Carlos Pérez Siquier (b. 1930) stands out within the context of Spanish and international photographic practice for its fundamental roles in promoting the professionalization of photography in Spain, and in forging a modern photographic language. Pérez Siquier accomplished the latter through his early adoption of neorealist tenets and through his subsequent pioneering of color photography. In both modes, Pérez Siquier acts from a position of artistic privilege, but also shoots with an outsider’s perspective; his singular photographic style demonstrates confidence in his authorship, yet he is self-taught, never having received academic training.
This exhibition is a broad retrospective that includes his most notable series made between 1957 and 2018, with an important selection of unpublished images. This project will contribute to and promote the international recognition this photographer, who in 2003 was awarded the National Prize of Photography.
* The last access to the rooms is 30 minutes before closing.
- The external group is formed by a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 15 people (guide included in both cases).
- The presence of a guide or group leader is mandatory. If you wish to request this service to the Foundation, contact on the phone 93 401 26 03.
- These visits can be made only from Monday to Friday, during opening hours of the room.
- The guide or group leader must be identified at the reception 15 minutes before the start of the visit.
- The visit is done with group guidance system, for which it is essential to use receivers that can be provided in the room with a cost of 1 € / person.
- The holding of a visit as an external group implies acceptance of the hall´s rules by all the members of the group.
|– Monday from 14:00 to 20:00h.|
|– Thursday to Saturday from 10:00 to 20:00h..|
|– Sunday / feriated days from 11:00 to 19:00h.|
* The last access to the rooms is 30 minutes before closing. .
Sala Fundación MAPFRE Casa Garriga Nogués Diputació 250, 08007 Barcelona